| Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Libraries Rock! Teen Video Challenge
This summer, the Library wants you to put your storytelling skills to the test and create a 1-5 minute long book trailer! Use your imagination to show the world what your favorite book might look like in a preview for the movies. The book can be funny, scary, dramatic, or whatever you find interesting. The one catch is, your video must incorporate our summer theme: “Libraries Rock!” Be creative and give us your interpretation of what your vision of the book trailer might be.
Your work will be reviewed and scored by three judges who have experience in the film industry! All work will be judged based on creativity, incorporation of the "Libraries Rock!" theme, performance, and storytelling. A grand prize will be awarded to one lucky winner, and honorable mentions will also be recognized. Extra points will be awarded to those who share their video to Instagram and add the #SFSLibrariesRock to their post.
- Submit your own original work.
- You must be between the ages of 13-19 years old
- Although filmmakers may work in teams, only one prize will be awarded per winning film.
- You must upload your video to YouTube and make it publicly-viewable.
- To enter, fill out the Entry Form and be sure to include your YouTube link.
- Films should be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 5 minutes
- Films must contain appropriate content for teens (equivalent of a G, PG, or PG-13 film).
- If you want your film to be on the library website, you must be authorized to use any included music. This would be music you've created, Creative Commons-licensed material, and items in the public domain. You can also create your own using Jukedeck. You may not use copyrighted materials without permission.
- A grand prize will be awarded to one lucky winner. Honorable mentions will also be recognized.
- Entries are due July 16 by 7:59 PM.
DOWNLOAD Teen Video Challenge Entry Form (Send completed entry forms to Pauline Aguayo at email@example.com)
The Summer Teen Film Festival will be held at the Santa Fe Springs City Library on
Saturday, August 4 from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Looking for ideas on how to create your video? Click on the link below to check out some examples!
Book Trailer Examples