Older Adult Services provides a wide variety of activities and services at Santa Fe Springs' older active adults 50+. Our goal is to foster a warm environment where individuals can explore and enjoy activities and services designed to meet the needs of our diverse older population and enrich their lives.
Programs and Services include:
- Fitness & Exercises Classes
- Educational & Recreational Classes
- Health & Wellness Screenings
- Health & Wellness Classes
- Ongoing Activities
- Special Events
- Income-Qualified Senior Water Discount Program - provides a 15% discount off your water bill, if all eligibility requirements and income limits are met. To apply for this discount, please complete and return the application to the Gus Velasco Neighborhood Center.
- On site Congregate Lunch Program - offered to participants 60+ Monday thru Friday by the Southeast Area of Social Services Funding Authority (SASSFA). A nominal donation is suggested for the lunch, but not required.
- Access To Transportation - made available through Access, Santa Fe Springs Transportation and taxi vouchers for senior residents who require transportation assistance to medical appointments.
Healthy Living Classes in partnership with PIH Health
“Tomando Control de su Salud"
This is a 6 day class, in Spanish, on how to set health goals, control stress, pain & fatigue, portion control and so much more. The classes are taught on Monday mornings starting September 12th through October 17th from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm through PIH Health.
For more information, please contact the Gus Velasco Neighborhood Center at (562) 692-0261.
Click HERE to return to the Family & Human Services home page
9255 S. Pioneer Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
PHONE (562) 692-0261
FAX (562) 695-8620